Inspiring Active travel
Fly By Video
- Involves the construction of a new cross-border route for cycling and walking.
- Creates a safe and attractive active travel cross-border route from Carlingford to Newry for commuters and others.
- Engages Louth County Council and Newry, Mourne & Down District Council in an exciting collaborative project that establishes a new physical link between jurisdictions.
- Will recruit businesses that employ significant numbers of cross border workers and third level education institutions to utilise the Greenway for cross border commuting.
- Will engage schools and the local population in utilising the Greenway and commuting to work.
- Involves the delivery of a Greenway Activity Programme that will encourage and facilitate people to cycle/walk and promote behavioural change to reduce their carbon emissions.
- Meets the local and regional strategies in terms of tourism and healthy and active living.