Inspiring Active travel
- Involves the construction of a new cross-border route for cycling and walking.
- Creates a safe and attractive active travel cross-border route from Carlingford to Newry for commuters and others.
- Engages Louth County Council and Newry, Mourne & Down District Council in an exciting collaborative project that establishes a new physical link between jurisdictions.
- Will recruit businesses that employ significant numbers of cross border workers and third level education institutions to utilise the Greenway for cross border commuting.
Will engage schools and the local population in utilising the Greenway and commuting to work.
- Involves the delivery of a Greenway Activity Programme that will encourage and facilitate people to cycle/walk and promote behavioural change to reduce their carbon emissions.
- Meets the local and regional strategies in terms of tourism and healthy and active living.